GMVN (Garhwal Mandal) TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR PACKAGE TOURS for Winter Char Dham Yatra 2017
- Tourist/Pilgrim who are booked in any of the schedule Winter Package Tour, are requested to fulfill the Guest Registration Form before departure of the tour.
- Tourists are advised to bring torch, raincoat, heavy woolen clothes and light medicine like avomine or as per doctor’s advice to meet the primary needs.
- The Pilgrims /Tourists shall take care of their belongings by themselves during the tour and Nigam takes no responsibility for any misplacement, losses or damage for their belongings.
- Tourists are advised not to carry cooking gas cylinder and other inflammable items as it is strictly prohibited to carry such items in tourist vehicles
- Yatra office can also arrange special Yoga package classes and adventure trips (White Water Rafting, Trekking,Wild life Tours etc.) Customized package tours to cater for the special needs of the tourists/pilgrims.
- The schedule Winter Package Tour operated by GMVN Ltd., includes transportation , accommodation at halting places on a twin sharing basis and guide services in the 2×2 Buses /Tempo Travellers only (From Rishikesh to Rishikesh only)
- The cost of the meals in all places will be borned by the Guest/Tourist/Pilgrims directly.
- Winter Package tours are conducted on availability of minimum number of seats in Non AC(2×2) 27 seater Bus (minimum no. of seats 17), Non AC Tempo Travellers (minimum no. of seats 10) and AC Innova (minimum no. of seats 04) & Non AC Tata Victa ( minimum number of seats 06).
- In the event of inadequate booking, tour may be cancelled and in such case, money will be refunded or reserved for the next available tour, as the traveler/tourist may desire.
- Pilgrims/Tourists availing L.T.C. facility will be provided with due travel certificate against the amount of transportation charges only.
- During the tour, shared accommodation in the rooms of Tourist Rest Houses /Tourist Bungalows with bedding facilities will be made available to the tourists. We undertake to provide almost equally good and clean accommodation in private lodges, hotels, guesthouses etc.
- On the day of return from the tour, the travelers/tourists will have to make their own arrangement for night halt at the tourist Bungalow
- In Case Nigam accommodation is fully booked, alternate accommodation in private lodges/guest houses will be provided.
- If a guest instead of checking in at the reserve place reaches else where and requests for adjustment of the amount, It shall not be entertained. Tourist will have to follow the rules prescribed by the bungalows.
Payment & Refunds
- The booking is accepted on full advance payment, covering the cost of ticket, through a Bank Draft drawn in favour of Garhwal Mandal Vikas Nigam Ltd, payable at Rishikesh / PRO Offices or remmitance through direct Bank deposit in GMVN Ltd Bank Account or by cash payment in the office / cash counter, on first come first serve basis.
- The final confirmation of the tour shall be made by the availability of winter package tours accommodation from Advance Reservation Center (ARC) of GMVN Ltd Yatra Office Rishikesh.
- Senior Citizens male above 60 yrs and female above 55 yrs of age will be charged before the departure of the said tour, a discounted rate (Only in Transport Head). Entitlement of above facility should contain photo identification (Passport, Driving license, voting card and education certificate etc.) at the time of the booking at PRO Offices and required to carry attested copy of age verification document during the journey. The facility is applicable only for package tours and not for other type of tours.
- Further in the event of the pilgrim/tourists leaving the tour midway due to personal reasons, no claim for refund of money either full or part will be entertained by the management.
- The cancellation rules are as follows:-Refund amount (From the total Amount of tour)
a) 15 or more days before the starting date of tour – 90%
b) 09 or 14 days before the starting date of tour – 80%
c) 06 to 08 days before the starting date of tour – 60%
d) 05 days before the starting date of tour – No Refund
- Refund will be made after producing original cash receipt and cancellation charges will be applicable on the full amount of the ticket. For example if tourist pays 50% advance and cancels his seats then advance cancellation charges would be calculated on full ticket fare.
- No refund will be made in the eventuality of the tour being cancelled/scheduled due to natural calamities, beyond the control of management.
- Any amount either full or part duly sanctioned for refund to tourist/pilgrims shall be refunded to him/them by the office where deposits were made for the package tour reservation.
- If a guest instead of checking in at the reserved destination place reaches elsewhere and request for adjustment of the amount it shall be not entertained.
- The postponement of the tour is not possible within no refund period i.e. 5 days before the departure of the tour.
- The postponement of the tour for next tour date will be allowed free of charge once for a legitimate reason only. In case of second postponement, an amount of 20% of the tariff shall be imposed.
Rights of GMVN
1. In case of difference of opinion between parties and GMVN Ltd officials, the decision of Managing Director GMVN Ltd shall be final and binding to both the sides. Any disputes, claim or legal proceedings between the pilgrims//Tourists & the Nigam are subject to the jurisdiction of the court of District Dehradun (Uttarakhand) only with in 90 days as per rules.
2. In the event of tour break down on account of natural calamities or any kind of unforeseen events enroute, alternate arrangement for pilgrims/tourists to the next destination as per tour programme will be made through locally available transport.
3. The above terms & conditions are subject to suitable revision, addition & alterations as per the decision of the management at any time without prior notification.
Tourist/ pilgrim can avail the reservation online through internet at www.gmvnl.in