The series of earthquakes in Nepal has gotten tourists worried about their trip to visit Uttarakhand. However, the state Tourism Minister Dinesh Dhanai says that Nepal earthquake did not cause any damage to Uttarakhand.
Telling Uttarakhand completely safe he appealed tourist to visit Uttarakhand without any fear. He told over 1.5 lakh devotees have visited Char Dham till May 11 so far. And the the number is estimated to reach above 10 lakh this year. Speaking to reporters at the Secretariat, Tourism Minister Dinesh Dhanai said the representatives of Hotel Association gave him the information about these concerns, but the encouraging inflow of tourists is enough to tell that Uttarakhand is completely safe. The arrangements of travelers adequate shelter, food, drinking water etc. have been made. State Disaster Force (SDRF) personnel are deployed on travel routes. For the facility of tourist, control rooms for the Chardham tour have been set up. The damage caused in 2013 catastrophy is estimated to recover 60 – 70 percent this year. The Secretary of Tourism Dr. Umakant Panwar, Secretary Lonivi Amit Singh Negi were present in the occasion.
News Source : Dainik Jagran, Dehradun