Srinagar Garhwal Sightseeing
Srinagar Pauri Gharwal offers the visitors with many options of sightseeing and activities. If you are a nature lover and want to explore the Himalayan beauty, then take the countryside tour of the region. You will come across lots of panoramic sites of the Himalayan Mountain ranges as well as the valley. Those interested in the adventure sports can enjoy trekking and water rafting in this beautiful valley.
• Kamleshwar Temple – Kamleshwar is the most popular temple in the town. As per the stories of the local people Lord Shiva was worshipped by Lord Rama with thousand lotus flowers. Lord Rama felt one flower short to make the number of flowers to one thousand and one and for this he offered one of his to Lord Shiva. This is the reason that he is also famous with the name “Kamal Nayan” which means lotus eyed. So, the name of the temple was kept as Kamaleshwar which means lotus God.
• Dhara Devi Temple – Dhara Devi temple is situated on Rudarprayag road about 17kms from Srinagar. The temple is visited by many piligrims from many parts of the country to worship Goddess Dhari.
• Shankar Math – The temple was built by Adi Guru Shankracharya. The temple is situated at a distance of about 2 kms from Srinagar. It is dedicate to lord Vishnu.
• Devel Garh – Develgarh is situated at a distance of about 20kms form Srinagar. The places to visit here include Rajeshwari Temple, Gauri Devi Temple and Lakshmi Narayan Temple
• Chopra Mandir – Located near dam site, Koteshwar, it is dedicate to Chopra Narsingh or Bhairo Nath.