Emphasising on Kedarnath Dham the tourism department has claimed for the completion of all necessary arrangements for the Char Dham Yatra which is going to begin on 21 this month. Kedarnath Dham will be able to accommodate a total of three thousand pilgrims this season, while two thousand pilgrims will be on the move to the famous shrine.
Tourism Secretary Umakant Panwar stated in the secretariat that special attention will be given to each passenger. And the registration will be necessary. The in-out timings of the pilgrims will be listed. For which main registration centre will be set up in Rishikesh. Other centres will be set up in 18 different places. The pilgrims will also be able to get their registration done online on www.chardham.com. Only five thousand people will be allowed beyond Gaurikund at a time out of which only three thousand will be able to stay. The arangements for stay of pilgrims reaching without registration will also be made under reserved status. Out of three thousand beds, one thousand will be reserved for the local tour operators.
The roads still in bad shape : The famous Char Dham Yatra is about to begin but the roads are still not repaired. The Chief Engineer HK Upreti told, the proceeding on settlement of 215 km stretch with BRO is still on process. While on the whole route 36 danger zones on different places is a major threat.
After the 2013 disaster the live pictures of Kedarnath will be shown to external operators through which the pictures will be presented to the country.The tourism department will present the live pictures of Kedarnath Dham in front of external operators on 4 and 5 April.
Plans of presenting the states tourism on a big platform through the ace cricketer MS Dhoni and renowned actor Ranbir Kapoor is on the list. Tourism Secretary Amit Panwar told the proceedings with both is in the process.
The surveillance system of the passengers will be more strict next season. Along with the registration the safety wrist band will also be given to the passengers which will be connected to GSE and GSM system. Through which movement of every passenger will be easily tracked down.
– Biometric registration to get replaced by photometric registration
– 18 registration centres in different places along with Rishikesh; Online registration facility also available
– No free food on the route; GMVN to avail food facility at reasonable prices
– Three canteens will be operated by the locals; Langar by Mandir Committee
– 204 toilets to set up from Rishikesh to Kedarnath; Waste management to be assigned to Sulabh International
– Health check-up must for passengers, outsiders can show their medical certificate of respective states
– 700 soldiers will be present on 12 different places on the whole route
– 19 corporations will be handed over cleanliness responsibility; 2 cr budget to Commissioner Garwal
News Source : Dainik Jagran, Dehradun