• Nehru Institute of Mountaineering (NIM): It conducts various mountaineering and climbing training courses and besides organising climbing expeditions. Bachendri Pal, India’s first woman to climb Mount Everest, is an alumnus of NIM.
• Tiloth Power Plant: Located in Tiloth village at the fringe of Uttarkashi town; Stage 1 of Maneri Bhali hydroelectric project.
• Maneri Dam: Located at Maneri (15km from Uttarkashi town); Stage 1 of Maneri Bhali hydroelectric project.
• Joshiyara: A village across Bhagirathi River. Now becoming a neighborhood. It has a famous temple, Kaleshwar Mandir, dedicated to Lord Shiva.
• Ujeli (constellation of sages): Ujeli is a neighborhood on the north of the town, where many ashrams are located.
• Gyansoo and Palla Gyansoo: Old suburbs of Uttarkashi town, located en route to New Tehri.
• Mahidanda: Another battalion of Indo-Tibetan Border Police is located here.
• Bhali Dam: Located in Joshiyara village at the lower fringe of the town. Stage 2 of Maneri Bhali hydroelectric project.